Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekly Weigh-in: Celebrations All Round!

I ran Round the Bays today! I did it! Cross that off my milestones list. All I need to do now is walk up Rangitoto Island which I'll definitely be able to do, and that list is completely crossed off!

I can't be bothered writing a big post about it because I am so freaking tired. Here's a short synopsis.

Woke up about 7, called Mary, got ready, ate, left.

 

Got there about 8:20 ish. Called Mary again 'cause I was feeling a little nervous. And I just really wanted to hear her voice again.

About 8:55 I went to find the toilets. Took me about 15 minutes waiting in line. Got back, the wheelchair athletes went first, and then we left around 9:30.

Main thing I was thinking was, "Don't go fast. Go at your pace." So I did. I saw people overtake me, who I then overtook while they were walking, who then overtook me again when they wanted to run.

I had one moment of greatness, I fake slow-motion jogged through a spray hose and acted like I won the race. People got a good chuckle out of it.

Towards the end I was on a sprint. Sprinted past everyone. I had so much energy left and I got rid of all of it right there.

Me after the race:



So what was my time? I forgot to check, so I don't have the official time, but the time on my stopwatch was 1 hour 6 minutes and 40 odd seconds. But seeing as I didn't cross the start line till about 2 minutes and 30 seconds after the gunshot, I reckon I can take myself down to 1 hour 4 minutes etc. Which is about 4 minutes faster than I did it last week! That last minute training and rest time paid off!

On the drive home, apparently they knew about me and named a road after me:



Ate a chicken kebab and chips for lunch.

Now for weight stuff!

Current weight: 95.6 kgs (210.7 lbs)
Previous weight: 96.9 kgs (213.6 lbs)
Highest weight: 229 kgs (504.8 lbs)
Weight loss this week: 1.3 kgs (2.9 lbs)
Total weight lost: 133.4 kgs (294.1 lbs)

I lost weight... dammit! Haha. I know, you hate me. I should probably just stop doing weekly weigh-ins, huh?

I seriously tried hard to stay the same weight this week.
I tried eating more than normal.
I ate more fruit, more dinner.
I ate more breakfast.
I had the birthday dinner last Sunday, and the cake.
We went out to eat at Bar Comida where I had patatas bravas, spanish meatballs (??) and tarte tatin.
I had 4 cappucinos and 1 hot chocolate.
I had a caramel slice, an afghan, a chocolate chip cookie, a lemon tart, a florentine, and part of an apple slice with cream.
I had homemade Roast Butternut Squash, Corn and Bacon soup (which I'll be posting about soon) with cheesy ciabatta, an ice cream, and a pack of gummy snakes to myself.

I TRIED to stay the same weight. It just didn't work. You all hate me. I'm sorry. And it was such a big loss! I don't want to lose weight! I need to read up on gaining muscle and try do that or something. I just can't be bothered, and I'm trying to save money so I don't want to join a gym or pay a trainer :D

Post a Comment